Posted by Leger ● Sep 28, 2023 6:47:04 PM
With the 2024 presidential election approaching, seven Republican primary candidates took part in their second debate on Wednesday night to discuss and share their ideas with the American public and Republican voters. From September 27 to 28, 2023, we conducted a survey among Americans to explore their opinions on the candidates and how they felt the candidates performed in the Republican debate.
Some of the key highlights of our survey about the Second Republican primary debate include…
Vivek Ramaswamy gave a good second performance
- 28% of Americans watched the debate, with 15% watching all of it and 12% watching some, but not all. 38% of those who plan to vote Republican in 2024 watched the debate.
- Among Republican voters who watched the debate, 26% say Vivek Ramaswamy won it, while 15% say Nikki Haley was the winner and 14% say it was Ron DeSantis
Trump remains in the lead, but his trial could have an impact on his campaign
- Despite not participating in the second debate, Donald Trump still holds an overwhelming 63% of support among Republican voters, with Ron DeSantis as a distant second at 9%.
- If a presidential election were held today, Trump would perform well in a head-to-head race against President Biden. Among decided voters, Trump would receive 44% of the popular vote, while Biden would receive 41%, and 15% of voters would choose someone else.
- However, if Trump is charged and proven guilty during a trial, 46% of decided American voters would vote for Joe Biden, compared to 36% for him.